Wednesday, August 09, 2006

New house, same tanks

Well... it's been a while, hasn't it?

We have been living comfortably in our new house for about three weeks now. Aside from the usual new home problems (not to mention a totally worthless home warranty policy that's a license to steal from new home owners), everything is going pretty well and we're finally settled in.

I am very pleased to report all tanks and all livestock survived the move. And in most cases, the fish and corals seem better off in the new house than they ever did in the apartment. I chalk this up to my careful planning and allowing an entire day be devoted to moving fish and fish only.

We're still not totally unpacked so no pictures for this entry, but I guarantee some great reef shots will be appearing soon.

Also stick around because I will be posting my entire moving experience soon now in a very long entry.

For now, please check out Dr. David Drake's excellent article about how he moved from the east coast of the U.S. all the way to Oregon... http://www.joshday.com/movingfish.htm

- Josh
of http://joshday.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Oldmarrieds said...

Congrats on a successful move! I only had my one goldfish to move, but it was enough stress for me! It did take quite a bit of time to really get settled in the new place, but it is worth all the work.

Congratulations new homeower - it's a whole new adventure!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

hey josh!
i'm excited for your new house! that's great! are you still in asheville? i look forward to seeing the new pictures of your tanks!
take care!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home