Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tres de Mayo update

Some news... I'm fairly positive the blue crayfish was made into lunch either by the larger brown female or the oscar. And that's a $20.oo lunch for a fish, mind you. Can't say I didn't know that there was a strong possibility this would happen, though. I found pieces of the shell at the bottom of the tank but it appeared to be exoskeleton. However, the live blue cray is MIA, and the brown has dug a hole under the driftwood.

I also lost a squamosa clam that failed to attach its byssal foot to a shell piece, despite repeated gluings and attemps to get it to settle. Bristleworms and malignant looking cancerous starfish started to eat the thing from the inside-out so I put the clam out of its misery. I tried to save the shell by drying it outside near an ant hill, but a cat got to it or something.

Oh, and here are a few pictures.


- joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home