Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Mandarin pictures

I have some awesome pictures today.

Compare the images to your left and the two below to this picture here. You can clearly see how emaciated the first mandarin was, which is in the linked picture. Note the lines in his abdomen as he was curved about, and then look at the pics below where you cannot see a line or pinched stomach at all.

He's begun eating Cyclo-peeze in addition to the roe.

I'm going to try to wean him onto mysis and Formula 1 as well. I tried yesterday with mysis, and he didn't seem interested in the slightest. I may have more luck with Formula 1 because it's easier to mix it with the roe. The Formula 1 also settles on the bottom.

Another point of interest is the pods appear to be returning. Last night and this morning at dawn I checked the tank with a flashlight, and they were scurrying about, everywhere. On a whole, they were all pretty large too. This makes me wonder. Does the population naturally wax and wan as I had hypothesized before? Has the mandarin not pursued the pods as virolently due to his new diet? Or is this the results of the 2 bottles of Seapods I put in a few weeks ago?

I doubt I'll ever be able to answer any one of those questions definititvely. There doesn't seem to be an exact science with pods. Then again, this mandarin project is pretty far from exact science.

- Josh Day
http://joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home