Monday, July 11, 2005

Rough looking colt coral

Over the last three days my colt coral hasn't been looking so hot.

I noticed this the other day, the pink colt coralwas droopy and didn't extend to its proper self. Yesterdat was a lot worse. Limp, discolored in some stalks (but oddly they color up again and another one seems dark), and just shrunken and unhealthy-looking. I moved the powerhead a bit and that seemed to help. May be getting too much water movement or not enough.

Checked my params and other than a .25 reading for ammonia (which I now think is an error), everything is fine. Other corals and starfish are fine. Only colt is dwindling.

I added some carbon today to be on the safe side. Good news is it hasn't gotten any worse from yesterday, maybe a little better.

To the left is what it looked like at its worst yesterday.

I pulled out all the macro scroll algae too. It was out of control and the detritus it collected was causing my filter and powerhead to gag.

Tank looks bare. Pod pile was stupidly rearranged cause I was trying to put another scrubber in, but it just wasn't having it. Needs to be arranged again later when the colt is doing better.

That's it for today.

- Josh
http://joshday.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Dihappy said...

Josh, i happened upon your site.
My colt today looks like yours did.

Did yours recover, did u find out what was going on.

Im a bit sad that my colt is the only thing looking dull, my yellow leather and my star polyps looks so happy, but my colt looks bad.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home