Thursday, June 30, 2005

Mandarin Candidate Resumed


I picked up this fat and healthy mandarin male today. A far cry from the last trooper, this guy looks like a muppet with fat cheeks, a nice, rounded gut, and a full underside and throat. Apparently, coloration is not a facor in their health and state as my last one was as bright and alluring as this guy.

He's eagerly swimming about the tank zapping pods. He has been at the LFS since 6/16 and is in remarkably good shape, much better than the other two on display. My hope is he was accepting the prepared foods offered to the other fish in the tank.

I'm going to try some roe tomorrow or the next day when I can get out to an Asian food market.
I'm also still on the look out for cyclopese shrimp as they are not sold around here at all.

Note how healthy this one looks comparedto my last fish.
- Josh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home