Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Some updates

I finally maintenanced the guppy tank. Drained out half the water, changed the pre-filter and filter cartridge (polyester floss), and scrubbed the impellor. I removed the plastic top brace to see why it was leaking at the top. Low and behold, the acryllic was in mint condition, no crack anywhere. My theory is the center brace was not clicked firmly in place. Now that it's back, I filled it to the top and no sign of leakage. And the tank looks great.

The corals are doing well. My penguin filter may be on its last legs. I've had to tear it down and clean the impellor as well as the impellor housing twice now. It fills with sand and chokes and gags, and yesterday it even completely stopped, burning the motor. I cleaned it, but it's getting more of a pain in the ass to deal with. I'd like to keep it cause I like the biowheel but damn, I'm going to scrap it if it keeps clogging up.

I'm also in the market for a new mandarin. Looked at one the other day but its inactivity turned me off. I want to find a fresh arrival, big and fat. Also, I want to try the spotted variety as I hear they are more inclined to accept cyclopese and mysis.

- Josh
http://joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home