Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ich: March 2, the twelfth day

This morning I saw no signs of ich. Put in five drops of Quick Cure. I haven't done a water change since 3:00 p.m. yesterday. I'll monitor the fish today, and if they can take it, I'll drop in another five drops tonight. No water changes.

We had a cold snap last night so the temp. dropped down to 80.

If things continue to look in the clear tomorrow, I'll repeat today's treatment and then call it even. If things look rough, I'll do a 10 percent water change and drop 6 drops.

The Q-tank is working out great. Should have done this a long time ago. Problem I see could be the temp. The tank is at a place where drafts hit, and it gets much colder than the top tank. The crap whisper heater can't handle it. This will be a problem when I put my little clown loach in there, which I suspect has IP. He hasn't gotten emaciated like the last one, but he won't eat. He chases food but he won't eat anything.

I'll put him in, crank the heat to 81, then dose with metro for 5-6 days.

I may not go saltwater after all if this Q-tank keeps working out so well.

- J

http://joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home