Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The next report

Current Status:

Elevated

Casualties:

0

At 4:30 I'll do the third treatment. There are less cysts now, but they are still clearly visible. I've turned off the tank light since I just read somewhere that malachite green gets neutralized with light. Weird, huh?

I've seen one or two kuhlis under the rocks. I see a ghost shrimp every now and then. The oto is doing okay... no worse, no better.

A stalk on an onion plant is yellowing super fast. That's not a good sign. Rest of the plants look ok, though. When I'm treating I'll trim down the shoot.

I think next morning will tell if this Quick Cure crap is working. So as of right now, I'll hold off judgment on the product.

- J
http://joshday.com

P.S. To be morbid, here's a list of the current living occupants in the tank. I'm going to give the loaches the benefit of the doubt, and let's just be liberal and say three ghost shrimp are still strolling about.

4 neons
4 cardinals
3 loaches
2 glowlights
1 hatchetfish
1 black neon
1 oto
3 ghost shrimp

That gives us a grand total of 19 crew members.

When this "incident" passes, I'll be amazed if half of them are still flipping.

Here's a guesstimate as to what will make it:

2 cardinals
3 neons
2 glowlights
1 loach

Dead: the black neon, the hatchetfish, all the shrimp, the oto, a neon, and half the cardinals.

If my blog were more popular, I'd take bets. The winner would get their name emblazoned on an ichy white spotted plaque and 5 1/2 gallons of respect from aquatic bloggers everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home