Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Update: 9 pm

Ich Terror Status:

Elevated

Casualties:

0

I moved out the largest and healthiest ghost shrimp. It's now in my secondary betta vase, the small one. Tomorrow if I go out I'll get a bunch of mayaca for the vase to help with the waste and dissolved organics.

All four treatments, each dosage 5 drops, are completed for today. I gave the last dose a little under an hour ago. I turned on the light briefly and I didn't see any dead bodies, though the oto was under the cave. It didn't seem to be breathing as rapidly as it had done last night. Once again, I'll be surprised and happy to see if it makes out the night.

I'd love to downgrade the terror alert tomorrow, but I won't until I dose two whole treatments without seeing a visible cyst on anything.

Tonight I realized another potential disaster I may have unleashed on myself: I moved that blue gourami to the 55 gallon, when he could have been infested. Good news is we've been having a warm front lately, and that tank has gone from the usual 82 degrees to 86-87. This will speed up the lifecycle if it is present in that tank and I should see some signs tomorrow or the next day.

Goddamned ich. This is just never-ending. And the worst part is this doesn't usually happen to well-cycled tanks.

http://joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home