Monday, September 18, 2006

Red Eye Puffers

Here are the first couple shots of my puffer pair.


Above is the female.


And the ultaviolent, bastard little male.

They look different but are the same species.


And a shot of their ten gallon tank. Five glowlight tetras are in there too to hopefully distract the more aggressive male from tearing up the female. The majority of plants are plastic hanging vines made for arrangements I bought from Michael's craft store. These should hopefully provide enough cover and break up the line of sight for the puffers to coexist.

Josh
joshday.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Cool fish, Josh!
I have mostly tetras in my tank--I really enjoy them. They're fun fish to watch, and so pretty. I find satisfaction in my little 5-gallon tank. :-) Thanks for all the help getting me started.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

is that a piece of coral in your puffer tank? i am planning my first tank, a freshwater puffer tank, and i really want one of these in it. yours is one of the nicest looking freshwater tanks ive seen. so i'd love to know what that is. thanks!

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home