Thursday, June 09, 2005

Scroll algae taking over

You're not going to believe these pics.

My scroll algae, or padina sp., is thriving. A patch or two started sprouting about two months ago, and I now have four healthy, rapidly expanding growths.

Here's what it looked like only two weeks ago.

Compare that to this spectacle below.



Talk about intense, huh?

I owe it all to my Coralife 20" 96 watt quad-tube 50/50 "Aqua"light. Yeah, try saying that three times fast, and if you're in high school, I highly recommend saying that between classes, you'll get your ass kicked so fast a tongue twister or nerdspeak will be the last thing on your mind.

Anyway, I bought that light with soft corals in mind. Soon I plan on getting some zoanthids, maybe mushrooms, but the algae is so cool it's almost like having coral.

You can see the clownfish loves the camera.

See you next time.

- J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home