Monday, May 09, 2005

Mandarin news

Pods continue to multiply... you can see them clearly in daylight now, you just have to look very closely.




The mandarin seems to be filling out, but he's not plump yet. However, he boldly goes about the tank, playing king of the mountain on the live rock, grazing up and down the glass, etc. Very active fish... I just hope his stomach wasn't too far gone that he's a lost cause. I know for a fact he's in pod heaven, and he eats constantly... and so far, the population is sustaining itself.

In other news, the salt may be affecting the live plants in the ich tank. But there's nothing I can do. The ich must be eliminated, in one way or another.

Meds are junk. A look through the archives reveals months of effort trying to cure with medications. They did nothing in the long run.

Now we'll see if the meds didn't make the ich strain so potent that it can stand up to salt and heat.

- Josh
http://joshday.com

1 Comments:

Blogger ParamourANGEL said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I saw your posting about keeping a mandarin in a small tank. I am the only sucess story that I know of. I have a little girl spotted mandarin who is about two years old and a boy who is about two months. Both are healthy, plump, and eat frozen foods. I keep them in a 12 gallon tank! Just thought I would share with a fellow mandarin lover.
~ParamourANGEL

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home