Thursday, May 05, 2005

3 Days of total darkness

I turned on the light today on the ich tank. Absolutely no sign. I fed the tank--first time in two days. Then I dosed and turned the light off but didn't put the blanket back over the tank. I'm going to give it 3 more days in partial darkness and dose twice a day. That should do the trick... but we've heard that before, haven't we?

Update on the mandarin. Last night I saw more pods than ever, crawling over shells, rock, glass, and sand. There was one congregation of 20 or more climbing over a small halfshell.

I removed the scrubber from the filter and put it in the main tank, concealing it in the pod pile. This took a while to manipulate. Had to wrap a rubberband around the largest rock then cover the pad with the smaller chunks. Looks ok, and this should really boost the pod population.

I'm thinking one reason I have a lot of pods is my playsand. It's a lot finer than the stuff you get in fish stores. I also have a lot of larger shells scattered around. They seem to attract the pods at night. I'll probably add some more.

- Josh
http://joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home