Sunday, March 27, 2005

And then there was salt...

Yep, I did it. My Q-tank is now a saltwater aquarium. This is what it looks like now:



I bought four amazing pieces of live rock. Two are fiji branches, one a fiji rock, and another a tonga rock. Porous, light, beautiful rock... and I got a great deal on it all too. Eight dollars per pound at ten pounds total. I am very happy with the rock.




I ordered a 96 watt full spectrum light that should be here early next week. In the meantime, plain old low K fluorescents are lighting the tank, and it looks great right now.

Bottom is an inch of well-washed play sand. A bubble wand is in the back solely for aesthetics, and a Penguin mini makes a nice current through the system.

So far no life has emerged, but it's only been 3 hours.

- Josh
http://joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home