Friday, June 05, 2009

I need... suction cups!

That's right, I'm in dire need of some suction cups for my canister filter intakes, outtakes, as well as my heaters.

Suction cups harden over time. They harden even faster in water. Hard plastic becomes cracked or more malleable, no longer clamping along the filter tubes. In saltwater this happens even faster.

I refuse to pay up to $2 for a suction cup. And I refuse to pay even more for the magnetic cups--if they packaged their products better, say, zoomed offered 3 and 6 unit packages for magnetic cups at 20 or 30 dollars, that would be reasonable. Because you won't have to replace cups ever again.

Went to Lowes and an office store today for suction cups. They didn't even have suction cups.

I'm going to try to track down some suction cups online. The tough part will be guesstimating if they'll be able to accept the clamps, most of which are still usable.

In other news... my spotted mandarin, which replaced the seahorse, appears to eat mysis, like the seahorse. At least he's doing his best at it. Roe, cyclops, and Arctipods are not to his liking, unfortunately.

I'm going to get three silver dollars as dithers to curve the aggression of my largest oscar. In regards to that tank... the fish don't seem to be hurting, other than my smaller oscar who's always bullied, so I'm not going to test for ammonia and ruin the party there.

In other news, food network is still in the frozen absess of the ninth ring of hell. I'd love it if a real cooking channel rose up and knocked them off the air once and for all... of course after poaching the few remains of talent food network still has.

Josh
joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home