Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mandarin Extravaganza

I'd like to give the whole story of my mandarin chronicles and also a few recent pictures for people visiting who've read my article in TFH.

First, check out the in-depth journal I created that begins when I cooked up this scheme in summer 2005 and follows my progress. I've also blogged about the mandarin several times. Check out my archives for more mandarin stories.

And below are some recent pictures. Be sure to check out joshday.com for more.

Josh
joshday.com


2 Comments:

Blogger DSEAEL said...

MANDARIN GOBY:

I wanted to say that I am currently also trying to provide an adequate food source for my mandarin..for my sake I will call him Goober. I was not told before his purchase the high level of care that is taken to insure a proper diet. Just being a concerned tank mom, I did my own research as to what he should have to eat. I now know that he should have an ample supply of pods. I think he has finished my supply and seemed to getting the sunken belly syndrome. So the next step for me was to read..read ...read. I had found that roe eggs were being supplied as a supplement. I purchased some from a local sushi store. Goober seemed to feast for awhile in the little cave I made for him. I am having a tad bit of a problem now with the yellow belly damsel being too aggressive with Goober. I am open to any suggestions or further readings that I could look into. I am very interested in furthering my research regarding these wonderful little creatures.

2:03 PM  
Blogger SolDesigns.net said...

Josh, thank you for your informative post! I found it a little too late, but now I understand what has happened with my gobies. I applaud you for taking the chance and really trying to teach others about this beautiful fish. It is my favorite and unfortunately I did not do the appropriate research prior to purchasing it. I might consider getting another one, but for now I will enjoy yours through your pictures and postings. Thanks again,

Sol
Another Reef Enthusiast

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home