Sunday, July 12, 2009

Giant danios make for oscar midnight snacks

I tried some giant danios for my 180 gallon tank for dither fish. They're getting picked off like blondes in a slasher movie. From 8, which I bought two days ago, I'm down to 2.

So note to self and note to other full grown oscar owners: giant danios are not fast not intelligent enough to evade consumption. They're expensive feeders.

I was hoping my fish wouldn't have a taste for their smaller cousins cause I've never fed them feeders. They get live earthworms, June bugs, grubs, and the occasional crawfish and fiddler or red crab.

Oh, and I removed the rest of the playsand (well as much as I could get out without totally draining and the tank and wiping it dry). I have white gravel as a substrate now and wow, it looks great.

I also was able to find suction cups! They were easy to modify and they seem to be working great for my filters, as well as heaters.

Josh
joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home