Thursday, September 04, 2008

Don't let our nation go back to 1930

I've done it before... I broke ranks with the fish folks and blogged about such controversial topics as Rachel Ray, the Sopranos, and probably another few wild cards I'm forgetting.

But I'll bet the bank here and say this will take the lot.

Here's the deal: I have a typical republican mindset. I am an avid 2nd amendment supporter. I have guns, of all types, and I have a lot of them. I hate governmental, bureaucratic welfare of any sort as a section-8 project facility was going to move into my neighborhood and anyone who's ever lived near this kind of threat can relate to what I'm talking about. My wife and I lived in a basement duplex apartment and we used a local laundromat for a year. A full section-8 project was a mile away and this laundromat, as well as the very nice convenience store attached, was forced to close down due to robberies, shootings, and other harassment.

That's one image my wife and I will never forget... driving by that nice convenience store and laundry and seeing them boarded up and closed for more than a year, yet their lights were still on.

I will not be voting for John McCain. Or any Republican above my local county area.

What we have here in national politics is a joke. It's a disgrace, and we all should be ashamed. Since when is teenage motherhood and 17-year old marriage a virtue? Something that's suddenly so political the whole family has to stand on the stage in front of the country? For what purpose? Do they think we're pure white trash and we can "relate?"

Now to the issues behind the VP pick:

Creationism in schools SHOULD NOT be taught alongside evolution. I see evolution every day in my fish and my tanks (you can see how natural adaptation can be manipulated among selective breeding with oscars and guppies and how what we've created doesn't even closely resemble their wild form!). Call it what you want, but intelligent design is something that belongs in a class of its own. And I think it should be taught!

9/5 EDIT : Yes, I think it has a place in school, alongside the teaching of the platonic model of the universe. But it's absurd to say scientists are "split" on the issue and treat it like it's actually viable. "Intelligent Design" is simply a covert means to get creationism taught in school.

Give it a class in its own standing, like an elective course for extra college credit. Just like the platonic model of the universe, it's great, and some aspects of intelligent design I completely agree with because I personally don't think any of us evolved to be where we are today without some form of higher intelligence behind it.

But drop the political bullshit, as Peg Noonan, one of Reagan's speech authors, has stated about this whole farce.

Regarding Palin's stance on abortion. It is sick and obscene to outlaw medical intervetion in cases of rape and incest. It's going back to the middle ages. And for the record here, and there's no spin or any teleprompter on me, my wife and I chose to have a homebirth and we would "choose" life every time! Oh yes, and my wife would also never get on a plane for an 8-plus hour ride back home just to have the baby in Alaska! THAT IS INSANE AND IRRESPONSIBLE, AND I CHALLENGE ANYONE, IN THE HOME BIRTH AND PRO-MIDWIFE MOVEMENTS TO WHICH MY WIFE AND I BOTH ADAMENTLY SUBSCRIBE, TO TO ARGUE ME ON THAT POINT.

I have an 18 month old son who I would never parade in front of a convention front and center. Subjecting a baby to that? And your own pregnant daughter? It's beyond my understanding as a parent.

I just gave 50 bucks to Obama's campaign. I won't allow America to become a Jerry Springer fest where "issues" and platforms aren't even relevant. And I deplore the disgusting joke they made of Obama being a "community organizer." That should make anyone who's ever helped people (volunteering at a homeless shelter as I have, taking low pay to teach first time home-owners about mortgages and credit, like the people who helped my wife and I buy our home) puke and hopefully see what is really going on here and the wool that's being pulled over on all Republicans.

I don't like being manipulated or played a fool. And that's what's going on here.

I'm voting democrat this year (probably not full ticket, but by God, where it counts), and I'm telling everyone else to do the same thing! And I can't believe I just gave 50 bucks to a politician, but I love this country and I don't want to see it become a total farce or just plain die.

- Josh
joshday.com

PS comments disabled cause I dont want to hear it, we'll return to fish soon. You got something to say to me email me with your own goddamn name.

0 Comments:

<< Home