Friday, December 23, 2005

Well, I finally found some 5/8" tubing that will fit my gravel vac. 24 feet of it, long enough to drain from the tank all the way outside to the garden. This proved to work okay, though the suction isn't great, and you have to start over if the syphon gets above water.

The godddamned faucet hookup is a real problem. I need to find a proper clamp to secure the tubing to the sink adaptor, otherwise it sprays free if a second person isn't holding it. Then if there are any problems, half the time the water starts DRAINING from the tank into the sink, introducing a new pain in the ass.

I should have just bought a python. I've nearly spent the amount it would cost and in time and hassle it would have been well worth it.

- Josh
http://joshday.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home