Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pico vase and work desk

Wow, October already, and it's been A WHILE since I blogged.

Let's see... the glofish are doing ok in their vase, I had a helluva nitrate problem in my 55 gallon but I'm bring it back under 20 with frequent water changes, my nano tank is still having some problems but not as bad as before (GSP is back with a force and growing like wild, zoas still rough), and my pico vase is doing fine. In fact, I fragged three zoos from the main nano and put them in the other day. Didn't technically frag, but I had placed seashells nest to the mother colony rock, and three had grown onto it. Just moved it into the vase.

I'm honestly astounded the vase hasn't accumulated algae... really at all. This just shows how important frequent water changes and very strong current are to reef systems. And with the growth of the piece of shit green star polyps I got from the marine club raffle, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this vase is a success. It's been set up, what, 2 months? Yeah, I know that doesn't really tell you anything, but I still think it's a nice kneecap shot to Fenner and the other elitist assholes over at wetweb.

Speaking of shots, here are some of my work desk...



I'll post a centerfold shot of my pico vase tomorrow when the three zoanthids open up... if I remember, that is.

Mandarin is still doing A-okay, great even. My brother and wife, when they were examining the tank, both remarked he's looking better than ever. And definitely growing.

- Josh Day
of Josh Day.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home